Monday, August 23, 2010

Family


My family! I forget how hard it is to get yourself all ready, your kids ready, your other half ready and out the door to get family photos done. Lots of planning, clothing choices, haircuts, hair accessories (welcome to the world of two girls), and making sure you all smile and look at the camera. Well, that part is obviously not so important to me since I am the one who was looking somewhere else...haha! It just all seems so crazy when I go to get my own family photos done, but so easy when I am the one taking the photos. I am much more at ease behind the camera that in front of it. That being said, every year I still go to get our photos taken and capture those moments that will be gone in a flash. My big girl with her missing top teeth and my little girl that is catching up to her big sister too fast.
Last week I had surgery and was home more trying to recoup from a quick bilateral lumpectomy that seemed to slow me down for a few days. It takes a lot to make me sit down and not move for a few minutes (or hours in this case). I was looking at some of my coffee table books with the last 6 years of family photos. I love to savor the way my kids looked, what they were like at that time, and how much they have grown and changed. I will have to dig up a photo from each year and post them....so fun to look at! The books are quite wrinkled from the little hands that have enjoyed looking at them as well. (Yes, I have a saved copy of each in the closet)
The girls must look at those daily and are amazed that they were little once.
Even if I am not the photographer for you, I encourage you to try and get photos taken of your family (including you, the mom probably reading this)to remember this time before the new year rings in.
It really does not seem possible the holidays are around the corner while I stood sweating to death waiting for my 1st grader in the pick up line today, but the season is sneaking up fast!
Anyway, since time is flying by, I realized that it is nearly September and the start of holiday sessions. I take September, October and November for mainly holiday sessions. The last session to guarantee holiday cards is November 21st.
Get those sessions booked and try not to break a sweat looking for your holiday card apparel! Happy Holidays...haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment